Essential oils have become extremely popular in recent years for candle making, body care, aromatherapy, and a variety of other applications.
What Are Essential Oil Candles
Candles made with essential oils can be used to scentify your home and provide a number of benefits. Essential oil candles are made with natural oils that have been extracted from plants. These oils are then combined with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, and used to create a variety of scented candles.
The Benefits Of Using Essential Oil Candles
Essential oil candles can provide a number of benefits, including:
1. Scenting your home: Essential oil candles can be used to quickly and easily scent your home. Simply light the candle and enjoy the pleasant aroma.
2. Aromatherapy: Essential oils are well known for their aromatherapeutic properties. When you light an essential oil candle, you can enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy, such as relaxation or improved focus.
3. Natural: Essential oil candles are made with natural ingredients and do not contain any synthetic fragrances. This makes them a great choice for people who are looking for a more natural way to scent their home.
4. Long lasting: Essential oil candles can last for many hours, providing you with long-lasting fragrance.
5. Affordable: Essential oil candles are very affordable and are the perfect choices to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy without breaking the bank.
If you are looking for a way to scent your home and enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy, then consider using essential oil candles. These candles are made with natural ingredients, are long lasting, and can be very affordable.
Pros And Cons Of Essential Oil Usage On Candles
- Essential oils are completely natural. This is by far the most significant advantage of using essential oils in your candles.
- Essential oils have a strong aroma and are valued for their therapeutic and mood-boosting properties.
- Using natural ingredients is a highly appealing feature and factor that many consumers are becoming more aware of when purchasing home and beauty products.
- According to research, lavender can provide calming, anti-anxiety effects, whereas citrus can make you feel more energetic and positive.
- In this day and age of transparency, many candle makers and cosmetic companies are beginning to shift toward using more natural ingredients in their products.
- There is little to no hot throw. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you plan to use 100% essential oils for your candle fragrance, you may end up with a less-than-subtle hot throw.
- Essential oils are very well known for clashing with candle wax. Essential oils, unlike fragrance oils, frequently have very low flash points, causing them to evaporate when mixed with hot candle wax. As a result, the scent throw of aromatherapy candles made with essential oils is reduced. Many essential oils degrade when exposed to the higher temperatures attained when burning a candle, which results in a disappointing hot throw.
- Essential oils are not cheap. If you want to use 100% essential oils to fragrance your candles, expect to pay more because they are not cheap!
Essential Oils For Candle Making
When selecting the best essential oil for candle making, start with oils with higher flash points (above 150°F) and strong aromas. Some of the recommended essential oils include:
- Ylang Ylang
There are many other essential oils that can be considered as well.
Check this out for a good read – https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-encyclopedia-of-candlemaking-techniques-a-step-by-step-visual-guide_sue-heaser_sandie-lea/256849/#edition=423494&idiq=7101792
So, what do you think? Are essential oils a good choice for candle making? There are pros and cons to using them, but in the end it’s up to you whether or not to use them. If you decide to give it a try, be sure to let us know how it goes! We’d love to hear about your experiences with this natural way of scenting candles. In the meantime, send us a message if you have any questions about using essential oils for candle making – we’re happy to help.